Road Trip to Snowdonia for some trail running with my bro Shak

Shak and I were both off work on Friday 24th Feb 2023 so we decided to go on a road trip to Snowdonia. We both needed a mini break, Shak just recovered from being ill and I needed time away from work to recharge.

Here is a picture of us to grab your attention early on.
Some info about Snowdonia
The road trip there
I dropped off my son at nursery in the morning and made my way to East London to Shak.
Essentials for any road trip are ofcourse snacks so we headed to Tesco to get water and snacks followed by petrol then off we went on our 270 mile trip to Snowdonia starting at 10:30am.
We saw a mix of weather conditions along the way starting with sunny intervals followed by heavy rain. It was £8 at the toll station.
We stopped by a service station for some lunch around the half way point of the journey. We both fancied Subway 
Following lunch we set off for the second half of the journey. Another essential for a road trip is good music where Shak had the radio on switching between classics which I love and bhangra which he loves. Taking random selfies is a must lol.

Pleased to say the sun came out for us as we approached Snowdonia.
We arrived at the hotel at 4:30pm so the journey took us 6 hours including our lunch break. We dropped off our bags in our room and thought would be nice to go for a walk to check out the area before sunset.
I felt relaxed immediately as I blended in with my surroundings.
The adventure begins
After a good night's sleep we checked out and headed to Snowdonia Adventure Parc to explore the trails on offer.
Get ready for beautiful scenic photos coming your way
I was surrounded by plenty of sheep
On top of the World
Shak in action
More beautiful photos
My favourite photo
Hope you have enjoyed coming on this journey with me. I had such a wonderful time with my bro Shak. My love for trail running keeps on growing. I came back relaxed and energised so mission accomplished. Visiting Snowdonia is a must. If this blog doesn't tempt you then I don't know what will. 

Popular posts from this blog

My second trail race - The Maverick Adidas Terrex X Series Chilterns 2023

My first trail race - The Maverick Adidas Terrex Original West Sussex 2023

Manchester Marathon April 2023 - My 5th marathon